Thursday 17 November 2011

Performance Tip: Want High ROI? Copy an AdWords Expert

WordStream Search Marketing Tips
Want Higher ROI? Copy an AdWords Expert
Tool
November 17, 2011 - This is a new profile in a series of interviews we're conducting with AdWords advertisers who got unusually high scores using our AdWords Performance Grader. We're reaching out to high scorers to find out what strategies contribute to their strong AdWords performance.
A free, instant PPC audit – what's not to like?
Get your AdWords Performance Report now!

Get Your WordStream AdWords Performance Report

This week’s interview is with Jason White, the Marketing Director for Stadri Emblems.

There are tons of metrics in AdWords – what are your top 3 key performance metrics in AdWords and why?

You really can drown in the data they give you! There are many metrics I look at but if I could only pick three they would be:

Return on investment: If my campaigns aren't making the company money, we're in trouble! I love PPC because it uses analytics and creativity – two very different skills – to reach the goal. It's also a risk; there is no guarantee you will see a return on the investment. Focusing on ROI helps lessen the risk and makes the gamble a bit more calculated.

Impression share: It’s a quick way to get an overview of the account and to see how I’m sticking it to my competition (or how they are stealing my lunch). It helps me decide where I should be spending time.

Quality Score: My budget changes way more often than I like. Making sure my Quality Score numbers are healthy enables me to maximize the budget I do have and more accurately predict what I can do when I beg for more money. As a data nerd, I enjoy playing around with ad text and landing pages to see how it affects Quality Score and cost per click. I've seen some dramatic decreases in cost per click by testing different Quality Score variables. It’s all about getting a better placement than your competitor; doing so while paying less than they are is good wholesome fun!

Can you describe your AdWords management strategy?

I think David Ogilvy's “never stop testing” quote sums up my strategy pretty well…

Free Analysis of Your AdWords Performance

Our experts will show you how to optimize your campaigns.

Free AdWords Assessment


Free Trial

WordStream for PPC helps you get better results, in less time, for less money.

Sign Up for A 7-Day Free Trial


New on the WordStream Blog

Infographic: How the AdWords Auction Works.

View Infographic


notebook icon Schedule a demo now!
Call us: 855.967.3787
Visit the WordStream blog to read the rest of this article.

Subscribe to the WordStream Internet Marketing blog for daily updates
of news, tips and commentary from our staff of search veterans.

Subscribe to the WordStream Internet Marketing Blog

WordStream, Inc. 177 Huntington Ave., Boston, MA 02115. +1 617 963 0555

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, click on the following link: Unsubscribe

No comments:

Post a Comment